Homeopathy for vomiting will be our topic this week. This series covers all the possible “sickness season” symptoms and how to address them with Homeopathy. We have covered diarrhea, coughs, sore throats, fevers, the flu, the “stomach flu”, and post-viral fatigue, as well as how to stop that cold or flu from becoming a problem in the first place.
Homeopathy for Vomiting
Vomiting happens to be my least favorite sickness symptom, and I am sure many of you would agree with me! Fortunately, Homeopathy has us covered when it comes to alleviated vomiting and recovering quickly. Choose the following remedies based on which one matches your symptoms most closely, or give the one you happen to have on hand a try.
- Ipecac: This remedy is great for vomiting in general, but especially when there is nausea and gagging involved or the vomiting is almost non-stop.
- Nux vomica: When vomiting is due to over-indulgence, think of this remedy!
- Veratrum album: We choose Veratrum when the vomiting is accompanied by diarrhea.
- Arsenicum album: When there is vomiting with burning pains in the stomach with fear or restlessness, this will be a good choice. You may remember this remedy from the food poisoning post.
- Bryonia: for vomiting that is made worse by movement
- Carbo veg: Choose this when the vomiting is accompanied by a state of collapse.
- Phosphorus: This can be helpful when the person is overexcited and restless with vomiting and/or diarrhea. It is also useful for bright red nose bleeds, so if the person has both, this is the remedy!
How to dose Homeopathy for Vomiting
As with all acute situations, match the dosing frequency to the severity of the symptoms. A good rule with vomiting is to give a dose after each round of vomiting OR each time the person feels like they need to vomit. Remember that once the symptoms are gone, the remedies are not longer needed.
Using a 30c is a great place to start for an acute situation, but if you have 200c on hand, that is fine to use as well. If a symptoms is quite severe, you may need to go up to a 1M potency.
Have you used Homeopathy for vomiting before? How did it go??