How to use Homeopathic Remedies for Food Poisoning is the second topic in my Summertime Remedy Series. Of course, food poisoning can happen any time of the year, but in the summer there are a lot more situations where food poisoning can happen due to food safety issues like picnics, BBQs, camping, etc. Since no one want to be running to the “toilet” or vomiting while camping, make sure to take along your remedy kit with you!
If you are new to Homeopathy and aren’t sure what it is, see my post, “Homeopathy: What it is and How it Changed my life” for more detailed information.
How to Dose Homeopathic Remedies for Food Poisoning
When dosing a homeopathy remedy for food poisoning, you can give the remedies every 15 minutes at first. Once symptoms are less intense, you can move to every 3 hours. If the effect of the remedies wears off, then you can re-dose. As the remedies begin to last longer, you can spread them out more to eventually every 12 hours, if needed. You don’t give the remedies once the person has recovered.
Remember! If you have given four doses of a remedy and seen ABSOLUTELY NO change, then you have chosen the wrong remedy. Often a person’s mood will shift before their physical symptoms shift though, so keep an eye out for that because that IS improvement!
Remedy Choices for Food Poisoning
- The premier remedy for food poisoning is Arsenicum album 3oc. Signs of needing this remedy are thirst, restlessness, and anxiety.
- Another great remedy for food poisoning is Veratrum album 3oc. Often the person who needs this collapses due to weakness and feels cold, with diarrhea being the main symptom. They may be sweating profusely even though they are cold.
- Nux vomica 200c is another good choice for food poisoning. If the person is restless, ate bad meat, or even had had too much alcohol, this is a good choice for them
- If the person is feeling ill due to something creamy like ice cream, then choose Pulsatilla 200c. Often this person will have no desire to drink water.
- You can give the cell salt Nat phos 6x to any of the above symptoms presentations, in addition to that remedy, as Nat phos balances the acidity in the gut. (This is also helpful to those prone to GERD, heartburn, and reflux! Take a dose before and after each meal if this is you!)
Be prepared for Food Poisoning and other Summertime ailments!
Make sure to purchase these homeopathic remedies or buy a homeopathic kit and bring it with you when you travel! Homeopathy is EXTREMELY affordable, but it isn’t always easy to get teh rmedy you need when you need it. Thinking ahead saves the day.
I have even created a small kit that I carry in my purse using this handy case. This way I am prepared for all the bumps, bruises, shocks, bee stings, and tummy troubles that could befall my family while out and about on adventures.
Have you ever used Homeopathic Remedies for Food Poisoning? I’d love to hear about your experience!!