Learn how to utilize Homeopathy for the stomach flu!
This week, we will cover gastroenteritis, also nicknamed the stomach flu. The actual flu does not generally have a gastro component for most people. However, some of the common symptoms caused by gastroenteritis are nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and stomach pains. These symptoms can be caused by a virus in the case of viral gastroenteritis, or by bacteria such as E.coli, salmonella, and campylobacter. Either way, they are absolutely no fun!
When the “stomach flu” strikes, you want everything you need on hand! It happens suddenly and often the person who is ill feels so horrible that they won’t be able to rush out to get remedies. Viral gastroenteritis can also make its way through a family quite quickly! Best to be prepared!
How to Use Homeopathy for the “Stomach Flu”
The Banerji Protocol for Gastroenteritis (“stomach flu”) is:
Veratrum album is a well known remedy for diarrhea. The Cuprum portion of the protocol helps with the “spasms” of the colon.
Another possibility when facing the stomach flu is:
- Arsenicum album. Use it in a 3c, a 30c, or a 200c (You could even use a 1M if the sickness is severe.) As you can see from the list below, Arsenicum can help with all of the common stomach flu symptoms.
Sometimes a fever accompanies gastroenteritis, especially in children.
How to Dose Homeopathy for the Stomach Flu
Gastroenteritis is an acute issue, which means that is generally short lived and will usually resolve on its own.
Getting the body back in balance as quickly as possible, which will shorten the severity and the duration of the symptoms, is our goal. here
Keep these things in mind when dosing Homeopathy for the Stomach Flu
- You can give the remedies every 15 minutes for the first hour when dosing for an acute issue.
- Once symptoms are less intense, you can move to every 1-3 hours.
- Re-dose when the effect of the remedy has worn off.
- As the remedies begin to last longer, you can spread them out more to twice a day if still needed.
- Once the person has recovered, stop giving the remedies.
- Remember! If after four doses of a remedy, you have seen no change, it is time to find a different remedy.
- An improvement in the person’s mood or outlook is often the first sign of improvement. This means the remedy is acting.
Important reminders when dealing with the stomach flu.
- Stay hydrated! Good choices are bone broth, lemon water with a pinch of unrefined sea salt, or bubbly water if it soothes your stomach.
- Avoid OTC meds which will suppress your symptoms rather than bring your body back into balance.
- Eat only if hungry. When sick, the body sometimes needs to conserve resources to regain homeostasis.
Have you used Homeopathy for the stomach flu? How did it go?