Nourishing Face Lotion
Create the perfect lotion for your skin type in just a few minutes.
- Stick blender or food processor or regular blender
- Sterilized glass jars recycled or purchased
- 3/4 cup oil 6 oz My favorite combination is Grape seed, Apricot Kernel, Evening Primrose, and Rose Hip, but the possibilities are endless.
- 1/4 cup 2 oz Shea butter (could sub coco butter or coconut oil)
- 1 tablespoons beeswax pellets
- 1/4 cup organic aloe
- 3/4 cup distilled water
- 1/2 -1 teaspoon essential oils of choice my favorites skin blends are Soft Skin by Rocky Mountain Oils, Anti-Age by Plant Therapy
First, melt your shea butter and beeswax in your oils over LOW heat.
Let the mixture cool until almost room temperature. The recipe works best when all ingredients are the same temperature.
Add your aloe, distilled water, and essential oils.
Finally, use your stick blender to mix until you reach the desired consistency. (It is much easier to do this with a stick blender, but you could use a food processor or a regular blender if you don't have one.)
Store in a sterilized airtight glass container and store in the refrigerator.