Tiger Nut "Corn" Bread
A corn bread like tasty treat full of resistant starch.
- 2/3 cup tiger nut flour
- 1 cup rice flour brown or white (Use Acadian Buckwheat for grain-free version)
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 3 pastured eggs lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk or milk substitute
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 6 tablespoons melted grass-fed butter or ghee plus 2 more for pan
Preheat oven to 400 and put your cast iron skillet in to preheat.
Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl.
Add wet ingredients and mix.
Take skillet out of oven and add a couple of tablespoons of butter and melt it.
Pour batter into hot cast iron skillet. Bake for 15 minutes.