A delicious superfood smoothie filled with protein, probiotics, prebiotics, vitamins, minerals and fiber!
- 1 teaspoon Cama Cama powder: This is a whole food. The Cama Cama berries are loaded with vitamin C and bioflavonoids. Vitamin C is great for combating adrenal fatigue.
- Maca Root Powder: This is also a whole food. Maca is known as an adaptogen. This means that it adapts to your bodies needs. It helps to regulate your thyroid balance your reproductive hormones, and boost your energy (among many other things.)
- 1 teaspoon Beet Powder: This is another whole food. Raw beets are great at boosting glutathione production. Glutathione is a potent detoxifier. Beet powder is also a great energy booster!
- 2 tablespoons of raw organic seeds to balance my hormones. In the beginning of my cycle, I take 1 tablespoon of pumpkin seeds and 1 tablespoon of flax seeds. In the second half of my cycle, I take 1 tablespoon sesame seeds and 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds. Go here to learn more about balancing your reproductive hormones naturally with seed rotation.
- 1 tablespoon soaked chia seeds: These are a great source of Omega 3s and fiber! As long as you pre-soak these they will keep your digestive system moving.
- Prebiotic powder: If you have read my posts on Resistant Starch and/or Protecting your Microbiome you know that prebiotics are as important as probiotics. Unfortunately, it is hard to consume a lot of prebiotics. To be sure that I am getting enough, I add a powder to my smoothie. Not all prebiotic powders are created equal, of course. This powder from Hyperbiotics is made with Jerusalem Artichokes (aka sunchokes) and Acacia. (Side benefits of taking prebiotics include more vivid dreams and more instances of lucid dreaming!)
- Optional: 2 tablespoons grass-fed collagen. I add mine to my tea as I describe in the post but if you don't want to add it to your tea, you can put it in your smoothie. Collagen helps with skin, hair, joints, sleep quality, mood, bone health, cardiovascular system health.
Mix all ingredients in a high powered blender. If the consistency is too thick, thin with water kefir, juice, plain water, or coconut milk. Sit and enjoy your smoothie and hot beverage while relaxing before the craziness of the day starts.